Family & Matrimonial
Here at Freeman Johnson we have a team of solicitors specialising in all aspects of family law, who are here to help you through what can be a very difficult time when relationships break down.
We offer a sympathetic ear and practical advice on how best to resolve matters.
We will try and help to reach an amicable but legally binding agreement through negotiation where at all possible, but will also represent you in any court proceedings if required.
We can help in the following matters:
- Divorce and Separation
- Financial Settlements
- Cohabitation Contracts
- Disputes between cohabitees
- Children’s issues including residence and contact (formerly known as custody and access)
- Child care – where Social Services become involved
- Maintenance and Child Support Agency issues
- Domestic violence and harassment
We hold a Community Legal Service (Legal Aid) franchise in Family Law, so you may be entitled to public funding in your matter, depending on your financial position. Our service to publicly funded clients has been awarded a Quality Mark by the Legal Services Commission. All of our offices hold a public funding contract except for our Durham office.